its 2D configuration, CLARA-W can be applied to a range of
routine problems, familiar to users of other slope stability
programs. The 3D configuration is suitable for the following
types of problems:
- Slopes curved or discontinuous in plan:
ends and corners of embankments, narrow excavations, earth
dam abutments and spillways, bridge approach fills, conical
heaps, shafts, pits, ridges and re-entrants.
- Narrow failure surfaces: spoon-shaped
slides, failures situated between lateral constraints.
- Slopes with significant lateral
variation in steepness, failure surface geometry, stratigraphy,
strength properties, piezometric conditions, loads, or all of
- Complex wedge geometries with or
without anchor support.
- Slope failures under concentrated
loading situated on the slope face or at the crest.
Copyright (c) O. Hungr
Geotechnical Research, Inc.